Someone came up with the idea to have unlimited fruits and veggies in your 5 hour window and only 5 bites of regular food 2x (10 bites a day) This allows you to still enjoy the benefits of eating a healthy fruit and vegetable rich diet and yet still lose weight at a fast rate with the 5 bite diet....
Here are the basic guidelines with my touch ....
1. Skip morning meal. Black coffee and calorie free drinks are ok
2. Eat within 5 consecutive hours. (Example: eat one meal at 1 pm and one meal at 5:00-6:00 pm. make sure you finish before the 5 hours are up)
3. Eat only 5 bites for Lunch and 5 bites for Dinner... (10 total)
4. The 5 bites can be anything... include at least a bite or two of protein each day.
5. Take a multivitamin and drink lots of water
6. Add in Unlimited Fruits and Veggies in your 5 bite meals. My note: my personal preference would be no more than 2 pieces of fruit per day. (Only eat these in your 5 hour window)
7. Lettuce and raw veggies are free. If you do a salad, but count every Tablespoon of dressing, nuts, cheese, etc you put on your salad as 1 bite each.
8. Expect to lose weight fairly fast.. I lost weight almost everyday or every 1-3 days during my weight loss journey most weeks. You can find my record of bites and wieght loss here
9.Join the Facebook Group Fast Five with 5 bite diet here
You can find Dr. Bert Herring's free e-book about the Fast-5 bite diet here
You can find Dr. Lewis book "Why Weight Around? book on Amazon or other places
In re-cap, calorie-rice foods like meat, sandwiches, bread, potatoes, pizza etc you can eat for your 5 bites... Salads/raw fruits and vegetables are unlimited....all within your 5 hour eating window.
My personal spin when I was losing weight was that I took most weekends and/or Sundays special occasions and allowed more bites on those days and still lost alot of weight fairly quickly. I ate up to 30-40 bites or more on Sundays a lot of weeks and that might have helped keep my body guessing? It allowed me a little freedom, and helped keep me from feeling completely deprived!
So you want to try the 5 bite diet but you want to be able to eat more healthy with more fruits and vegetables...Here you go! The best of both worlds.
I mentioned that my personal preference would be to limit my fruit to 2 pieces per day, too much fruit could stall weight loss, etc